Dies Irae
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spend your Frost. Save your Triumph. Buy epic gems.

2 posters

Go down

Spend your Frost.  Save your Triumph.  Buy epic gems. Empty Spend your Frost. Save your Triumph. Buy epic gems.

Post  Gôrdûn Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:35 am

According to the latest info I've gleaned from the Blizzard posts on the PTR forum (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=26850245012&sid=1&pageNo=10), with the patch, Frost and Triumph will both be converted to the new Justice Points at equal rate, with Frost emblems maintaining their current purchasing power*. But that means you'll effectively be able to purchase t10 gear with your old triumph, so you might as well spend your frost on Primordial Saronite and sell it _now_ while you can get any kind of price for it, because the price is certain to drop to around 150-200G post-patch. Interestingly, this also means I expect epic gem prices to _spike_ briefly after the patch as a) people will be buying tons of new T10 gear to gem and b) they won't have emblems to throw away on buying those gems. If you can afford it, I'd actually advise buying (with gold) some gems now, especially if you plan to buy and gem t10 gear for your alts.

* note that that my analysis is based on the _current_ conversion rates which have been edited since the original post. Many of the weeks-old 'white' posts are based on the original conversion rate which was _much_ lower and meant frost emblems would lose a lot of their value. This conversion rate is clearly not set in stone, though I'd be surprised if they change it again this close the patch.
Gôrdûn
Gôrdûn

Back to top Go down

Spend your Frost.  Save your Triumph.  Buy epic gems. Empty Re: Spend your Frost. Save your Triumph. Buy epic gems.

Post  Inoe Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:24 pm

thanks for the good advice Gord! I'm pretty terrible at the ah market part of the game, so making gold with my professions is impossible. Good to have a bit of advice on what to buy and how to sell it to make some gold! Way to be AH savvy! :]
Inoe
Inoe
Admin

https://diesirae.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum